Policy & Planning Wing:
[WING HEAD: COMMISSIONER (PP)]
All policy matters relating to the development of water resources including formulation of National Water Policy, matters/meetings of National Water Board, National Water Resources Council, etc; preparation of Five Year Plans & Annual Plans; Twenty Point Programme, are being handled in the Policy and Planning Wing. It also looks after the external assistance for water resources projects from the international funding agencies, and protection against coastal sea-erosion, research and development activities of the Ministry as well as activities of National Institute of Hydrology, Central Soil and Material Research Station and Central Water and Power Research Station.
1. DIVISIONAL HEAD: Sr. JOINT COMMISSIONER/ JOINT COMMISSIONER (POLICY & PLANNING)
POLICY & PLANNING (PP) SECTION
- Coastal Area Protection and Development (including anti-sea measures).
- Policy matters relating to Water Resources Development - National water Policy – implementation of.
- Reservoir management and multiple use of water including afforestation and resettlement associated with reservoir formation. Also matters related to fisheries.
- Environmental matters - coordination with Department of Environment.
- Coordination and compilation of material for sect oral review by Minister (WR) / Prime Minister.
- Central Utilization Team.
- Remote Sensing techniques and applications to Water Resources sector-- Coordination with Indian Space Research Organisation.
- Participation of Non - Resident Indians (NRI) in water resources development.
- Matters relating to Scientific Advisory Committee.
- National/ Regional Conferences of Irrigation/ Water Resources Ministers.
- Legislation regarding use and development of water.
o Five year annual plans.
o Advance plan assistance.
o Irrigation potential-creation and utilisation.
o 20 points programme.
o Coordination of research and development (R& D ) programme in Water Resources Sector.
o Matters relating to Centrally sponsored schemes.
o Economic Survey.
o Matters relating to Parliamentary Committee on Agriculture.
o Water Resources Day Celebrations-Annual.
· Matters related to International Commission on Irrigation and Drainage (ICID), Indian National Committee on Irrigation and Drainage (INCID) and Indian Water Resources Society.
o SCP/TSP/Minority Welfare Programme including Irrigation Development for SC/ST.
2. DIVISIONAL HEAD: DEPUTY SECRETARY/ DIRECTOR (E-II)
E II SECTION
- All administrative and organisational matters relating to:
v Central Soil & Materials Research Station (CSMRS)
v Central Water & Power Research Station (CWPRS)
v National Institute of Hydrology (NIH).
- Matters relating to International Association of Hydraulics Research (IAHR) International Committee on Hydraulic Research (ICHR), International Committee on Hydrology (INCOH), International Society on Rock Mechanics (ISRM), International Committee on Rock Mechanics and Tunneling Technology (INCRMTT) and International Commission on Large Dams (ICOLD), and Indian Water Resources Association (IWRA).
- Matters relating to Indian National Committees on:
v Rock Mechanics and Tunneling Technology
v Hydraulics as well as on Hydrology and other INCs.