[WING HEAD: JS&FA]
1. DIVISIONAL HEAD: DEPUTY SECRETARY/ DIRECTOR (FINANCE):
a) FINANCE DESK
· Advising the Ministry and its organizations on all policy issues having financial implications (EFC/SFC/Cabinet Notes etc.)
· Scrutiny of all proposals of all Wings requiring financial concurrence within the delegated powers.
· Examination of expenditure proposals, proposals for creation/revival of posts and all matters requiring approval of Ministry of Finance.
· Examination and tendering advice on cases for deputation to foreign countries and on foreign travels.
· General coordination on all policy matters having financial implications and financial matters of the Ministry including its attached, subordinates and autonomous organizations.
· Scrutiny of financial proposals.
· Advising the Ministry and its organizations on all financial and allied matters.
b) BUDGET & TECHNICAL SECTION
· Examination/compilation of Demand for Grants/Budget Estimates/Revised Estimates/ Final Estimates/ Supplementary Grants.
· Works relating to re-appropriation of funds, final requirement of funds, surrender of funds, preparation of savings notes.
· Preparation of Outcome Budget.
· Laying of Outcome Budget and Demands for Grants on the Table of Parliament.
· Coordination relating to preparation of replies to Cut Motions.
· Coordination the work of Parliamentary Standing Committee on Water Resources.
· Works relating to the meetings of Finance Minister and Secretary (Exp) with Financial Advisors.
· Coordination work relating to implementation of Ministry of Finance’s guidelines on economy measures.
· Expenditure review of both Plan and Non- Plan Budget.
· Examination of DPRs on major/medium/multi-purpose/ flood control projects for preparation of brief for JS-FA as a member of Advisory Committee (TAC).
· Preparation of budget, revised estimates, supplementary grants.
2. DIVISIONAL HEAD : CA *
(The work listed under CA/ Deputy CA is besides the normal Pay and Accounts functions. The work relating to Information System planning of the Ministry will be independently handled by CA).
c) Deputy CA *
Preparation of monthly and annual (financial and appropriation) accounts.
Regular monitoring of expenditure and receipts.
Coordination of Ministry’s responses to external (CAG) audit.
d) CASH SECTION
e) PAY & ACCOUNTS ORGANISATION