[WING HEAD: JS&FA]
1.DIVISIONAL HEAD: DEPUTY SECRETARY/ DIRECTOR (FINANCE) FINANCE DESK:
- General coordination on financial matters of the Ministry.
- Scrutiny of all plan schemes.
- Scrutiny of all financial proposals.
- Advise on all financial and allied matters referred by Subject Matter Divisions (SMDs).
- Advise on sanction of cases for deputation to foreign countries and on foreign travel.
2.DIVISIONAL HEAD : CA *
(The work listed under CA/ Deputy CA is besides the normal Pay and Accounts functions. The work relating to Information System planning of the Ministry will be independently handled by CA).
a) BUDGET & TECHNICAL SECTION
- Examination/compilation of Demand for Grants/ Budget Estimates/ Revised Estimates/ Supplementary Grants.
- Preparation of Ministry’s Performance Budget.
- Final requirement of funds/surrender of funds/Supplementary Grants/ Coordination work related to Finance & Appropriation accounts/ Monitoring of outstanding paras/ action taken notes relating to CAG reports.
- Work of Parliamentary Standing Committee (this work is to be reported to Deputy Secretary [Fin-I]).
- Preparation of monthly budget advisories for Subject Matter Divisions of the Ministry relating to trends of expenditure and receipts.
- Financial monitoring of externally aided projects.
- Work of Technical Advisory Committee.
- Work of Parliamentary Standing Committee.
b) INTERNAL WORK STUDY UNIT:
- Organisation Analysis.
- System/Procedure/Method studies.
- Work Measurement Study.
- Compliance of provisions of Manual of Office Procedure-
- O&M inspections.
- Record Management.
- Checks on delays.
- Staff Inspection Unit-- Liaison with and implementation of SIU reports.
- Liaison with Department of Administrative Reforms, National Archives of India.
- Allocation of Business Rules.
- Action Plan- Point of Twenty-Point Programme- Responsive Administrative.
c) Deputy CA *
- Preparation of monthly and annual (financial and appropriation) accounts.
- Regular monitoring of expenditure and receipts.
- Internal Budget.
- Coordination of Ministry’s responses to external (CAG) audit.
d) CASH SECTION
e) PAY & ACCOUNTS ORGANISATION