ADMINISTRATION AND GW WING
Wing Head: Joint Secretary (Admn/GW)
a) All matters pertaining to Administration, General Administration and Infrastructure Development Scheme of the Ministry.
b) Matters related to Disaster and Crisis Management.
c) All administrative and establishment matters pertaining to Central Water Commission (CWC), Central Soils & Materials Research Station (CSMRS), Central Ground Water Board (CGWB), Central Ground Water Authority (CGWA), Brahmaputra Board (BB), Farakka Barrage Project (FBP), Ganga Flood Control Commission (GFCC), Central Water & Power Research Station (CWPRS), National Institute of Hydrology (NIH), Pancheswar Development Authority (PDA) and Pollavaram Project Authority.
2. Coordination Matters of the Ministry.
3. Ground Water Desk – All establishment and development matters related to CGWB including Budget, bilateral, technical development and projects.
4. e-Governance – IT functions and implementation of e-Office in the Ministry/Coordination with Attached Offices/Subordinate Organizations in e-governance.
5. Externally Aided Projects – Policy Matters relating to projects/programmes with the assistance of WB, ADB, JICA, DIFD, UNESCO etc.
6. WQ Cell – Water Quality issues and affiliated co-ordination with the Ministry of Environment & Forest and other Ministries. Serving as secretariat of Water Quality Assessment Authority (WQAA)
7. IEC – Issues relating to carrying out mass awareness activities/ programmes on water conservation under the Information, Education & Communication Component of HRD/ CB Scheme.
8. To represent MOWR on the Board of NPCC Ltd.
9. Hydrological Projects – Issues relating to International Hydrological Programme through NIH and representing the Ministry at World Water Forum, UNESCO etc.
10. International Cooperation – Matters related to cooperation with foreign countries in respect of water issues, multilateral/bilateral agreements/cooperation including signing of MOUs, Foreign Deputation and Training.